Day Forty Five.
I wanna talk to you a little about my Introspective, EFT, Solo walks in nature.
I've been doing them for about the past week and hand on heart I think they've been of great value and really added something to my life, and I want to do my little bit and share with you what it is I do on these walks in the case that you wanted to try it out.
What you need: Nothing, just yourself.
How it works: Take yourself on a walk in nature (preferably where there aren't too many people as you don't want to look like a twat. More on looking like a twat in a minute).
Walk for a bit, and see if there's any inner self talk, anything niggling you or something that you don't like about yourself that you want to address.
Alright, once you've got that thing that you want to rectify/improve/change/make go away, move onto the next step.
Now it's time to do EFT or Energy Field Therapy. Just so that you're aware, this is the bit where you'll look like a twat.
Ok, moving on.
Here's how EFT works; basically, you tap certain points on your body (acupressure points) in a certain order whilst either thinking internally, or speaking out loud about the thing it is you're working on.
For example, here's how the dialogue with yourself might look.
Round One (all of the below is done whilst tapping the acupressure points).
- I've been bald for ages and I'm really self conscious of it.
- It makes me feel like I'm really old.
- I feel like people are looking at me and judging me.
- My baldness makes me feel like less of a man.
- I feel ugly being bald.
Then onto round two:
- But it's ok that you're bald.
- It's just a natural process of life for many people.
- It's just a natural part of what makes you, you.
- Being bald is nothing to be ashamed of, it should be celebrated.
- And whilst celebrating it why not laugh at it too.
- Lots of people are bald, everyone is different, it's just another part of yourself that you need to accept.
- Being bald is part of life, it's part of your life and you should cherish it.
- Being bald has many advantages over having hair, so who gives a shit.
- Stop being hard on yourself and accept yourself as you are.
- You're perfect as you are, fuck everyone else.
- Love yourself deeply, you are enough no matter what.
Something like the above anyway, all whilst tapping at your acupressure points.
It sounds like a load of shit I'll give you that, but it fucking works.
So before you call me a bald twat, go and give it a go for yourself.
What I did good
What I did bad
Tasks for tomorrow, to be better than I was today:
Finish the E-Myth book, create full plan for business and go crush it.